Feelings during pregnancy
• Could you describe the feelings you experience or have experienced during pregnancy?
• Are there any factors (events, situations) that evoked positive or negative feelings?
• Did you experience changes in the feelings that you experienced during pregnancy? What caused these changes?
• Do you ever feel worried during your pregnancy about the pregnancy itself, or giving birth?
• Are there any factors (events, situations) that made you feel worried?
• Did you experience changes in the extent to which you felt worried? What caused these changes?
• To which extent does your baby occupy your thoughts?
• When you think about your baby, what kind of thoughts and feelings does this bring to your mind?
• Could you describe to which extent these thoughts and feelings have changed during your pregnancy?
Experiences with a third trimester routine ultrasound
• How did you generally experience receiving ultrasounds?
• How did you experience receiving a third trimester routine ultrasound compared to other ultrasounds?
• What aspects of the third trimester routine ultrasound did you experience as positive, or less positive? This may concern the preparation, the ultrasound itself, or the consult afterwards.
• Who accompanied you during the third trimester routine ultrasounds?*
The possible influence of a third trimester routine ultrasound on feelings experienced during pregnancy
• Did the third trimester change your feelings concerning your pregnancy?
• If so, to what extent did the third trimester routine ultrasound affect your worries about your pregnancy?
• To what extent did the third trimester routine ultrasound change your feelings about your baby?
• Imagine that you would not have been offered third trimester routine ultrasounds, how would that have affected you?*